Our values are inherent in all of our businesses.
Our values are consistent across the Group, though local businesses may interpret them slightly differently.
The principles have been discussed with employees throughout the Group and are reinforced through regular communications from the Chief Executive and senior management. They are also embedded in the way we conduct our performance reviews – both of our operations and our people.
We act with integrity
- We conduct our activities with fairness, honesty and integrity
- We take responsibility for our actions and do not blame others
- We have the courage to do the right thing for Wolseley, our people, customers and suppliers
We drive for results and improvement
- We have a ‘can do’ spirit and hold ourselves accountable for meeting our promises
- We listen and respond to the needs of our customers, then exceed their expectations
- We are not happy with the status quo and constantly strive to improve
- We review our performance regularly and take action to improve it
- We aim to be the best at what we do, and commit to continuous learning
- We share best practice with colleagues
We value our people
- We provide training and development opportunities so that our people can do an outstanding job
- We embrace learning new skills and approaches
- We understand, respect and value personal and cultural differences
- We are open and honest in all our dealings with our people
- We expect our leaders to lead by example