Wolseley France means business
20 February, 2007
Wolseley's businesses in France have been reorganised beneath a new umbrella company of 'Wolseley France'.
The reorganisation sees Wolseley France now structured into three separate divisions:
A 'Heavyside' business, that supplies building materials and goes to market through four brands:
- Reseau Pro, a general builders’ merchant
- Panofrance, a panel specialist, which sells to professional store and office fitters
- Cardor, a tiling specialist
- Reseau Loc, the hire centre brand
A 'Lightside' business, with core competences in plumbing, heating and sanitary and complemented by operations in five further segments:
- pipes, valves and fittings
- public works
- spare parts
- heating specialities
An Import and Wood Solutions business, that builds on PBM’s traditional strengths in wood and panel import and reselling but also reaches out into new, more customer-facing markets. This business incorporates four divisions:
- structural, which manufactures trusses in response to customer demands for a more complete assembly service
- environmental products for gardens, such as wooden decking.
“Four months ago we had two completely separate companies – now we have one company with three divisions and six support functions that will help the new organisation build business,” explained Philippe Gardies,Managing Director (pictured above).
The Wolseley France management team has been drawn from PBM, Brossette, elsewhere in Wolseley Europe and also from outside the Group. “It’s an excellent, talented and committed team based on ability,” said Philippe Gardies. “We’re targeting an improved performance, in line with Group expectations, and I’m confident that we will deliver.”